Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Inchie Jewelry

Here's something unique that combines several of the crafts I love: paper, hand sewing and tiny things - Inchie Jewelry!

An Inchie is a tiny piece of art measuring a 1" square. I posted a long time ago about it here: My Favorite Inchies

Over the years, I have made few inchies and I keep them tucked away in a small plastic storage container. I often use include them in my art journals or on cards. When I saw this VIDEO from Jennibellie Studio, I decided to try my inchies as the main piece of my Flat Bead.

Inchie Jewelry via Etsy

I love the way it turned out! I used a chain braided from embroidery floss to give it a twist.

Another idea for Inchie Jewelry includes Burned Felt. I honestly cannot remember how I discovered burning felt. I watch Jenniebellie Videos A LOT, and I've also learned how to use plastic bottles or Tyvec to make beads. All of the techniques involve using a heat gun. One day, I tried it on felt and I discovered that I could use the heat to create interesting shapes.

Wine Charms 411 Rox

Burned Felt Charms 411 Rox
I chose one of my favorites and added a braided thread chain. I love the Earthy-Boho look!
Burned Felt Jewelry via Etsy
One last type of Inchie Jewelry is Embroidered Inchies. I have done quite a few of these. Some one inch, some two inch or some not really a square...like this Butterfly Pendant:

Butterfly Pendant via Etsy
This one is my favorite. I wear it all the time!

411rox Embroidered Inchie Jewelry
Paper Flat Beads, Burned Felt or Embroidered Pendants, all Inchie Jewelry ideas that are fun and unique. You should try your hand at it. The possibilities are endless!

Some of my pieces are available for sale here: Whimsies and Rugs

More Fiber Art Jewelry Ideas here: Fiber Arts Jewlery

Thanks for looking!





No comments:

Post a Comment