Sunday, October 25, 2015

Oval Toothbrush Rug: How I start

After many requests for a video explaining how I start my oval Toothbrush/Amish Knot Rag Rugs, I finally got a chance to make it happen!

Unfortunately, my video skills are not too great, and there was a portion of the video not visible during the filming. So...I created a short part II.

A couple of follow up comments:

  • First row - 1/3 of your desired length gives you an estimated size keeping the rug at a proportion of 2/3 length to 1/3 width.
  • L-W will help if you need an odd size oval. (long and skinny for example)
  • There are several ways to start and create the knots. This is what works for me
fourelevenrox via Whitehouse Whimsies and Rugs Oval Toothbrush Rug Instructions

I hope you  enjoy the videos!

Happy Rugging!

Part I: How I Start My Oval Toothbrush Rugs




Part II: How I Start My Oval Toothbrush Rugs (Increasing)


You can see how I start my round rugs here: Round Rugs



No comments:

Post a Comment