Sunday, October 4, 2015

Miniature Ladder Tutorial

I like to use ladders and sometimes stepping stones in my tea cup gardens. They help connect the base to the top of the tea cup. Often, I use a ladder unique to the theme of the garden, but most of the time a traditional ladder works perfectly.

How to Make a Miniature Ladder

You will need:

Bamboo Skewers
Pruners
Glue - I like Gorilla Super Glue Gel
Tweezers
Ruler (optional)
Paint (optional)

Cut off the tip of a Bamboo Skewer.

fourelevenrox  miniature ladder tutorial


From the skewer, cut 2 pieces, each same length. These will be the ladder sides. Be sure to measure where your ladder will be placed, and measure at the same angle you will place your ladder. Mine are about 2"-2 1/2" long

fourelevenrox  miniature ladder tutorial 

Cut 5-7 small pieces, depending on the length of your ladder. These will be the ladder rungs. I measure the rungs by sight as I cut, but using a ruler may be helpful to you. My rungs are about 7/8" long.

Place a small amount of glue onto your work surface. I use scrap cardboard because it is disposable. 
If you use Gorilla Super Glue Gel, be sure to shake it first!

fourelevenrox  miniature ladder tutorial
 Using  tweezers, pick up the ladder rungs, one at a time. Dip each end into the glue and space them evenly along the ladder. Leave a small amount of room at the top and bottom.

fourelevenrox  miniature ladder tutorial

That's it! If you use Gorilla Super Glue Gel, you will have enough time to move the rungs, if needed, as you work. Once you are finished, let the ladder dry 2-3 minutes and it will be ready to paint!

fourelevenrox miniature ladder tutorial
 I make 3-4 at a time so they will be handy when I need one. If I paint them, I use acrylic craft paint.

fourelevenrox miniature ladder tutorial

There you go, Miniature ladders! Perfect for tea cup gardens!

Whitehouse Whimsies and Rugs Science themed tea cup garden, courtesy fourelevenrox


If you have any questions, please leave a comment. Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. This is so cute. Thank you for taking the time to post.

    ReplyDelete