Friday, September 18, 2015

Amish Knot/Toothbrush Rug Tip #1

Friday's Amish Knot/Toothbrush Rug Tips

Tip #1 Do-it-Yourself Tool!

When I first started making these Amish Knot rag rugs, I used a homemade tool. You can use a safety pin, or strong wire fashioned into a loop. I have even used a pair of tweezers with tape on the ends. Homemade toothbrush rug tools are not ideal, but until you get a tool, they will work!  

DIY Tool idea from Whitehouse Whimsies and Rugs

I am now selling Rug Starters and Rug kits. I take care of the hardest part, the starter. You may purchase a mini starter, a mini starter kit, or an entire kit- everything you need to make your own rug. Or you can just buy the tool!

Visit my Etsy shop for options. I add new starters and kits often.


See how I start my round rugs: How to start a Round Amish Knot (toothbrush rug)

Happy Rugging!

*These rugs are referred to as both Amish Knot Rugs and Toothbrush Rugs. 


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. https://www.etsy.com/shop/WhimsiesandRugs?ref=hdr_shop_menu
      We sell wood tools in our shop. Here's the link ;)

      Delete