Saturday, December 29, 2012

To Die For Vanilla Cake

I LOVE eating cake for breakfast. I don't have it regularly, but thanks to the holiday season, there is CAKE in the HOUSE! The cake I baked this week is called "To Die For Vanilla Cake", but it probably should be called, "You Will Die if You Eat This Vanilla Cake"!



Sour Cream
Vanilla Pudding
White Cake Mix
Butter (lots of it)
White Chocolate Chips

See what I mean?  Not the kind of cake you should bake often. I can't take credit for the recipe, I found it a couple of years ago on Razzle Dazzle Recipes. I love her Quick and Easy Recipes the most, but the Cake Mix Recipes is where I found this one.

Here's a link to the full recipe:  To Die For Vanilla Cake

It is really easy to bake, but here are a couple of tips:


  • Don't overcook it. It shouldn't get too brown. Just bake it long enough for the center to be done. (It may look too moist)
  • I flour my Bundt pan after greasing. It will stick to the pan if you don't.
  • Let it cool completely before tasting it. This one doesn't taste very well when it is warm.
It is so moist, so yummy, you will think you have died, and gone to heaven!


I've shared this post on:

The Answer is Chocolate BFF Open House #85
Artsy Corner Link Party # 13
Shine On Fridays (One Artsy Mama)
Bouquet of Talent Sunday Linky Party


22 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by with the lovely comment on my Snow Mountain centerpiece. Yes, I used Epsom salt with snowy white glitter and snow flakes. Be sure to stop back next week to see my New Year's Mantle and Fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will stop by! I love my Christmas mantel so much I am not sure I want to take it down. Hoping I can tweak it a little and make it a "winter" theme. :)

      Delete
  2. PS your vanilla cake looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this looks wonderful! I'd better come up with an excuse for making a cake soon : )

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake looks awesome! Returning the follow from Social Sunday on G+ and GFC! Happy New Year! ~Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Confession: I have NO IDEA how G+ works or what to do with it. lol It is on my things to do list for 2013 :) Happy New year to you also

      Delete
  5. Hiya, Im now linked up through the Social Sunday linky and am a new follower :-)
    http://adventuresofayorkshiremummy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. good morning! i'm a new follower, found you on a blog hop! This recipe looks so GOOD! lol Hope to keep in touch, <3 Christin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Christin! Do you have a blog?

      Delete
  7. Nice to meet you Rox. Just following back from the link up. You're talking my language. Cake for breakfast? Yummo!

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rox! now following, and you're right, that cake looks "to die for" to eat, and so easy to make. Def. giving it a try!
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Rox, I am now linked using RSS Feed hope you would like to reciprocate. Happy New Year!!
    Oh! My Heartsie
    Live Laugh Love To Shop
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks yummy. 'Tis the season to indulge. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone for all the comments and following! I'm working on following back! the Social Sunday has me "hopping" and I can't keep up! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this looks so yummy! Happy New Year! Your newest follower from the Let's Get Social Hop. :) Can't wait to read more of your great blog.

    I also have a linky party going on right now that I would love for you to share this yummy recipe! :)

    Kathy @ http://www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy to follow you and link up! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh! I'd so eat that all day long! YUM! I must try this recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent! So thrilled to have you! Happy New Year!! :)

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting! Looking forward to the New Year and visiting your blog often :)

      Delete