Saturday, December 22, 2012

Peanut Butter Cookies

While I was peeling and chopping potatoes for Potato Soup and it was raining outside, my crazy teenage daughter and her friend were playing in the rain. Her other friend had the good sense to stay inside were it was warm and dry. He is a smart young man. He said he could bake some cookies if I had just 3 ingredients,:I cup of peanut butter, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 egg. I doubted seriously if he could do it; didn't he need flour? He assured me he could do it...go ahead, knock yourself out.

So, he mixed it all up, made little balls, pressed a fork onto them, and put them in the oven.
I was impressed.



After they baked, I was even MORE impressed! Maybe you already knew about the easy peanut butter recipe. I had never heard of it. It is so easy, you don't even have to write it down. Just bake at 350 degrees for about 8-10 minutes.


So easy PB Cookies: 1 cup sugar, 1 cup peanut butter, 1 egg

I've shared this post on:
Family Home and Life: Grandparent's Say it Saturday
The Answer is Chocolate BFF Open House #85
Freedom Friday #34 (My Turn for us)




7 comments:

  1. This is my kind of baking! Definitely going to give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny, my husband begged me to make peanut butter cookies this year and I found this recipe and decided to make it because I didn't have a lot of time and they are delish!
    Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I just bought peanut butter today! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they will be regulars in my house often now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love peanut butter cookies, wow, three ingredients. Can't wait to try. New follower, come visit me at memoriesbythemile.com
    Happy New Years,
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for following, following you back! Hope you enjoy the cookies :)

      Delete