Saturday, December 1, 2012

How To Make a Snowman in Florida

It snowed in Tallahassee last night!
Yes, it did.
At my house anyway.


Box-Snowman

How to Make a Snowman (Out of Boxes) in Florida

If you want snow, sometimes you just have to make it.

Epsom Salt

If you want a snowman, add:

Cardboard boxes
White wrapping paper
Modpodge
Buttons
Scarf
A hat out of scrapbook paper and black glitter


I just so happened to have all of the above, at home so I've still been able to stick to my Christmas Challenge. This has been my favorite Christmas paper craft YET! I feel like he is my SON! I haven't named him yet. Take a look at some photos from the day he was born...
Welcome Home, Son!


Yes Dear, We Will Let it Snow
I just so happened to have all of the above, at home so I've still been able to stick to my Christmas Challenge. This has been my favorite Christmas paper craft YET! I feel like he is my SON! I haven't named him yet. Take a look at some photos from the day he was born...
A Face Only a Mother Could Love!

What should I name him?

UPDATE: I've named him "SALTY"!

This post won a special feature!




I've also linked this post to:

Happy Hour Projects Christmas Cheer Link Party
4 You With Love Homemade Holiday Party
Blissful Bucket List
The Answer is Chocolate BFF Open House Link Party #81
Accidentally Wonderful Inspiration Spotlight
Chicken Chick's Blog Hop #11
Claiming Our Space Winter Wonders and Holiday Happenings Link Party

Check out all the other great  links on their blogs!


Winter Wonders & Holiday Happenings



18 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I love how you repurposed boxes. I'm having a homemade holiday link party with prizes and I thinks this would be a great project to link up. I'd love for you to stop by. Linking ends 12/3/12 at 11:59 pm Eastern time.

    http://4you-withlove.blogspot.com/2012/12/homemade-holiday-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invite! I'll link up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS! I have some nesting boxes that don't really match my decor and I've been trying to think of a way to repurpose them, this is PERFECT! Thanks for sharing it! Oh and a name ... fluffy maybe? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nesting boxes will look GREAT as a snowman.
    And a name? I've just decided his name is: "SALTY"!
    Isn't that appropriate? I can't take the credit, a friend suggested it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your decor!

    I would love for you to share this at my link party. I also have an awesome "25 Pinterest Projects Til Christmas" series going ont his month. I am your newest follower and I would love for you to follow me back so that we can continue to share ideas! :) http://www.blissfulbucketlist.com/2012/11/flaunt-it-friday-23-25-days-kick-off.html

    Looking forward to more posts,
    Sarah@
    www.blissfulbucketlist.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Sarah. I'd love to join you! Roxana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Roxana! I'm going to my employees to work at The UPS Store to make our own little guy. Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great, Shannon. If you have access to white boxes, half the work is done! The Mod Podge and Epsom Salt is the fun part. I used a sheet underneath, painted Mod Podge on the side, and sprinkled on the "snow", one side at a time. That way, I was able to scoop up the excess and not waste any. I like to see Salty's "cousin" when you're done. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute Rox. So glad you linked up at my blog. I'm featuring this as part of my link party wrap up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great indoor decoration. I just have to think of where I can put one! I'd love it if you'd share this at my linky party http://accidentallywonderful.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this post and snowman every time I see it! It's a good thing I don't live close cause I just might kidnap this guy and take him home! So glad you linked up to the homemade holiday party. Have a great day!

    Marilyn
    4you-withlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love it if you would join me in linking up at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/clever-chicks-blog-hop-10-rural.html

    I hope you can make it!
    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your snowman. And fab how you repurposed something you already had at home. Thanks so much for linking up to the Winter Wonders & Holiday Happenings party.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just featured this great post...too good not to share!

    http://4you-withlove.blogspot.com/2013/01/best-of-2012-yours-and-mine-features.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be posting a button here and on the main page. THANK YOU!

      Delete