Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Gift of Paper Stars

This year, I wanted to send some love every day in December to my sisters who live far away. It is hard not live closer to them, and the older we get, the harder it becomes. So for Christmas this year, I thought of a little special gift that would give us one minute a day together. Sort of like me being there, with them...annoying them they way a little sister can do, or just encouraging them, loving on them or telling one of my corny jokes.

This gift took a little time and energy, but mostly it was fun!
I sent them each a little gift of paper stars.

Jars of Paper Stars

Inside these paper stars, I put little messages. I never thought I'd be one to come up short on words, but after awhile, I started running out of things to say. I needed 93 phrases! But I did it, and then I folded them all up and put them into little jars.

I tied ribbon and string around the top of them, and filled them with the stars and "fluff". Added a tag, and a stamp..and fell in love. They are so CUTE!

Here is a close up:

I gave them instructions to open one a day, each day for the month of December

Not only was this a gift from my heart, it worked well with my Christmas Challenge. I wanted so badly to go out and buy some cute little jars with fancy lids. But I used what I had, and I'm glad I did.

If you would like to know how to make some, Regina Lord has great links and a video on her blog.Go to: Little Guiding Stars

In case you are wondering, I made all 93 of them in one afternoon/evening. Well, that was the cutting and folding. It took me three days to come up with enough things to say. Imagine that!


I've shared this post on:

Manic Monday 12/3
White Lights on Wednesday Whatsits-37




4 comments:

  1. Hey, great minds must think a like! I have put together advent spice boxes for my relatives that are far away! :)

    ReplyDelete