Monday, November 26, 2012

Use What You've Got Christmas Decorating: Part One

What fun I've had using what I have around the house (and outside the house) to decorate! I wanted something different this year for Christmas, but in sticking to my Christmas challenge, I didn't go shopping or leave the house. Well, except for 3 cans of spray paint.

I used:

2 large branches from the yard
1 dead cedar tree from the neighborhood
pine cones
A bird nest I found in our satsuma tree
scrapbook paper
sheet music
A Burger King hat
misc craft supplies
some old family photos
items from around the house, including my shadow box from childhood which was packed away
Christmas ornaments, lights, and items I already had
An old window I picked up on the side of the road

 Here's what I've done so far:

Dead Tree "Revived"

A Branch Painted White and My Childhood Shadow Box

A Photo of Me With My Sisters

Mantel: Old Window, Paper Stars, Old Family Photos

I Love This View

Foyer

I Believe I Love Christmas!

Christmas Crown

I'll post photos of the foyer and porch later this week, along with a special gift idea using what I've got without leaving home.



I've shared this post at Happy Hour Weekend Link Party. Lots more great links are there!

4 comments: