Saturday, November 17, 2012

Quick and Easy Chili- Crock Pot or Stove Top

Here's another quick and easy recipe.  The original recipe is for a crock pot, but I usually make it on the stove top if I am home while it is cooking. This chili is different than my normal chili, because it does not have chili powder. I suppose you could add it to taste, but I like the lighter taste of this chili sometimes. Its almost refreshing, for chili.

Easy Chili


Ingredients:

  • 1 pound lean ground beef, browned
  • 1 can light kidney beans drained; 1 can dark kidney beans drained
  • 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
  • 3 cans chunky tomatoes
  • 1 chopped onion
  • 1 chopped green pepper
  • salt, pepper and other seasonings to taste (I use garlic)

Preparation:

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker; cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours, or cook on HIGH for 4 hours. 2 hours on the stove top, on low.

Quick and Easy Chili

Not everyone in my family likes green pepper, so I omitted it in this batch.








1 comment:

  1. Yum, that looks and sounds so good. Making me hungry for some. Cymp

    ReplyDelete