Friday, November 30, 2012

Little Paper Christmas Trees

Rabbit Christmas Carolers 

I've had this set of rabbit carolers for almost 20 years. They've been through a lot. Some of them used to hold little scrolls of sheet music and I think one of them must have fallen out of the sleigh. Still, I love them. Some years I put them out, some I don't. This year, I put them in my dining room. But they looked sort of pitiful. They needed...I don't know, something.

I decided to make some little paper Christmas trees.

I used:

Scrapbook Paper
A Paper Bag
Various dishes as patterns
Some glitter
Glue

I cut out various sized circles

I put them in the order I wanted to stack the paper, largest to smallest

After cutting the circles out, I cut fringe all along the outside edges of each circle.
Then, curled the fringed slightly around a pencil.

After I curled the edges, I wrapped each circle into a cone and used to glue to hold them into place. I used Beacon's 3-In-1 Glue.

I stacked them onto on another and put just a little glitter on the fringe




"We Wish You a Merry Christmas!"
They look so much better now!


Because I used an old window behind them, I was able to put Scrabble tiles above the carolers. Then, I added a simple pine cone garland along the top. Every time I pass by them, I can hear the song in my head!

"We Wish You a Merry Christmas!" 




I've linked this post to
 Whipperberry's Link Party Friday Flair
Serendipity and Spice Nov Pin-fest Linky Party
Artsy-Fartsy Mama Link Party #10
Make It Monday #18

Be sure to visit them for other great posts!


18 comments:

  1. What a creative idea with the trees; and cute rabbits. I like how the tee has musical notes that tie in the song too. Cyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! i picked that paper for that purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the trees! Perfect addition to a cute scene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those trees are very lovely. I think I could give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really easy and fun to make. You could probably add more layers for bigger trees. :)

      Delete
  5. Super trees and a very cute little scene. Saw it on MIM. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! Your trees are Fabulous and they look so great with your rabbit set.. Saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your idea came to fruition in a big way! Love those trees!!!! They caught my eye on MIM. Thanks, for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks ladies! I've been enjoying MIM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful project,saw on MIM.
    MEGHA

    http://meghanuj01.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rox, saw you over on mim, these trees are just the sweetest, I LOVE them. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow what a wonderfully creative idea ...love them
    thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful idea and they look adorable. They do add to your display. Thank you for the instructions on how to make them. Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are lovely - saw them on MIM & thought I'd let you know! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for all the comments. What a great group form MIM! :)

    ReplyDelete