Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Hanging a Wreath on Brick

My sister made a beautiful wreath for me a few years ago. It hung over the fireplace in our last house. It matched perfectly. Since we've moved, I haven't found the right place to hang it. It is very large and doesn't match my living room anymore. I really wanted to hang it on our front door, but it is too big.

My next option was to hang the wreath on the brick wall next to the door. Without damaging the brick we found the perfect solution. Brick Clips!


We found them at Ace Hardware.  On the way home, we noticed that on the package of the clips, the photo shows deep grooves in the mortar between the bricks. Our brick wall has shallow grooves. We wondered if it would work. The wreath is pretty heavy. To our surprise, it attached well.



The clip works even if there is a shallow groove.



The color blends in well with the brick also.


It has been hanging for 2 weeks now, and hasn't fallen. Another great product I'd recommend!





No comments:

Post a Comment