Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Soups On!

I don't enjoy cooking as much as I used to.  I have a couple of picky eaters in my family combined with some dietary restrictions for my husband. Sometimes, when dinner time rolls around, I get depressed. Quick and easy is my style.

When I find a quick and easy recipe that is not expensive and everyone loves it, I am very, very happy.
This Mexican Soup recipe was given to me by a friend about 5 years ago.  We haven't tired of it yet.


All you need is:

1 can Rotel 
1 can Black Beans (I use seasoned)
1 can chicken broth (or one cup water with a bullion cube added)
1 can corn (or about a cup frozen)
1 can Refried Beans

Put it all in a pot and heat.  That's it!  We like to put crumbled tortilla chips, sour cream, and cheese on top.

If I have trouble remembering what's in it, all I have to remember is the number 5. Five ingredients, serves 5 (I double the batch when we have company)

Dig In!




No comments:

Post a Comment