Monday, October 22, 2012

Candles and Soap...and More

This past weekend, while I enjoyed a way overdue visit with my Mom, I had the opportunity to check out the inventory of www.candlesnstitches.com

The owner is a close friend of the family.  In fact, over the years, her support, friendship, and love towards my mother has been immeasurable.

I had heard she had begun to make soap, candles and even embroidered items. I didn't realize just how wonderful the candles and soaps smell or how beautiful the embroidered items were until I saw them in person. (Especially if you love the Saints and LSU). She sells LSU and Saints hand towels and other linens.

I knew it wouldn't be a good idea to buy anything with LSU or Saints emblems on it living here in Tallahassee, Florida. Although she will do custom orders, I don't like FSU enough to start doing the tomahawk chop. So, I opted for soap and candles.  It took me awhile to find the scents I liked best, there were so many to choose from.  In the end, I chose, Beautiful and Chanel No 5 (types) and Cotton Fresh, along with an odor eliminator.

My bathrooms smell so GOOD!  And my musty smelling living room smells better, too.

If you will be in the Gretna, Slidell, or Baton Rouge area over the next few weeks, check out the festivals she will be attending and stock up on some of her stuff.  Her items would make great Christmas gifts.  If you cannot make it, visit her web site and consider ordering from her.  Here's the link again: www.candlesnstitches.com

Just so you know, she has no idea I am writing about or promoting her products.  I simply wanted to do it as a way to say THANK YOU for all you have done....and send a little business her way. So stop by and give her a visit, in person or on-line.  Thanks!  Oh and share the fb link, if you don't mind!

Pictured are small and large bar soaps and the 8 oz candles
The soap on her website is a little different than shown here.  If you have any questions, contact her.  I'm sure she will help you find what you'd like.  And tell her Rox sent you!





No comments:

Post a Comment